Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new 1776 for sale on ssvc, opinion appreciated

3 posters

Go down

new 1776 for sale on ssvc, opinion appreciated Empty new 1776 for sale on ssvc, opinion appreciated

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu Apr 05 2012, 18:10

I am interested in anyones opinion on this engine for sale in the ssvc for sale section, I am keen to move on it but its a case of holding off until i find out more and i would like to know if anyone has heard of Pete Nixon up Reditch way who builds vw engines, Have already contacted Kilgore but would value opinions and i have a price in mind to offer him as cash talks but its way less than the asking price.

What other costs would be involved in getting this running in my bus.

Many thanks

Ron

Last edited by Ronnieboy59 on Thu Apr 05 2012, 18:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

new 1776 for sale on ssvc, opinion appreciated Empty Re: new 1776 for sale on ssvc, opinion appreciated

Post by Grizzly Thu Apr 05 2012, 20:04

Ronnieboy59 wrote:I am interested in anyones opinion on this engine for sale in the ssvc for sale section, I am keen to move on it but its a case of holding off until i find out more and i would like to know if anyone has heard of Pete Nixon up Reditch way who builds vw engines, Have already contacted Kilgore but would value opinions and i have a price in mind to offer him as cash talks but its way less than the asking price.

What other costs would be involved in getting this running in my bus.

Many thanks

Ron

Well it looks and sounds good from the video but you would have to see if for yourself running first I would say. You wouldn't need anything I don't think to get it running in your van as far as I could tell . . . sorry no idea who Pete Nixon is, is he an independent working from home workshop or does he work for a company not that it detracts from a good engine builder or not if he does. Would want to know the history of the engine too where has it come, why is he selling it etc. Is it a rebuild just going by the comments "new bearings & seals throughout"
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

new 1776 for sale on ssvc, opinion appreciated Empty Re: new 1776 for sale on ssvc, opinion appreciated

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu Apr 05 2012, 20:12

Many thanks Daz, yes one of my thoughts was is it a re-build, the guy seems to build engines for a club in the midlands but i am thinking 2k may swing the deal if i feel its all genuine, well sometimes being cheeky wins.

Thanks for taking the time Daz to check it out, very much appreciated.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by owen Fri Apr 06 2012, 10:11

Engine looks and sounds okay and would bolt straight in without much trouble . you may not even need the external cooler just run with the external filter,presume its still got the fan house cooler fitted . The engine is complete so you wouldn't need to swap too much over, even got a bosch alternator 'new heat exchangers you gould flog off if you diidn't want them. As daz says its built up with some reconditioned parts but nothing wrong if done correctly and the cranks been balanced . Carb linkage looks abit odd and you have Kads rather than webbers or dells. Would think its worth between yours and his figure when you start adding up all the parts. Good thing is you can see and hear it running

cheers

owen
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sun Apr 08 2012, 12:41

Many thanks Owen for your info, found out its a AS41 Case which has done approx 8k miles however when stripped down was dipped etc, the re-build was with all new parts and was built for the guy to fit in his bus, he has now fitted a Scooby engine and is only selling the engine to fund paintwork on his bus.

Have made him an offer however there appears lots of interest, but as i say if not this one then there will be another in time.

Ron

see all those going tomo at wyke down, weather appears to be gloomy.

Last edited by Ronnieboy59 on Sun Apr 08 2012, 12:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sun Apr 15 2012, 11:46

Did you go for this in the end Ron noticed he is after offers over £2800 now.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sun Apr 15 2012, 12:13

He did say it was provisionally sold a while ago, then that fell through, then sold again so dont really know at moment, would only go to 2.5 though as dont know the engine builder .

Cheers Daz if things change will put up a post.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down