Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Dell 36 s have arrived, Small help please

3 posters

Go down

Replacement Dell 36 s have arrived, Small help please Empty Replacement Dell 36 s have arrived, Small help please

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu Apr 17 2014, 14:39

Replacement carbs arrived from Italy yesterday, have spent the day cleaning and prepping them, they are better in appearance however I need a small amount of help to finish them off prior to removing the carbs in my bus, I need help in setting the float settings correctly, I do have the Dellorto book but I am a little confused really as to how to set the 5-6mm and the 12-13mm setting, any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Replacement Dell 36 s have arrived, Small help please Empty Re: Replacement Dell 36 s have arrived, Small help please

Post by Grizzly Thu Apr 17 2014, 16:52

Ronnieboy59 wrote:Replacement carbs arrived from Italy yesterday, have spent the day cleaning and prepping them, they are better in appearance however I need a small amount of help to finish them off prior to removing the carbs in my bus, I need help in setting the float settings correctly, I do have the Dellorto book but I am a little confused really as to how to set the 5-6mm and the 12-13mm setting, any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ron

Im on call out at the moment so a bit strapped Ron, some of the guys are over at Ben Pon this weekend as well aren't they so not sure who's around ... lucky buggers!
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Replacement Dell 36 s have arrived, Small help please Empty Re: Replacement Dell 36 s have arrived, Small help please

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu Apr 17 2014, 19:27

No worries Daz, just need info on how to do it in an idiot proof sort of way, will stick it on ssvc and see what comes back, was going to go the the Ben Pon but the bus has a duff rear bearing and engine not run in yet, new chromoly rods were trashed when I changed it all over so back to stock yet again lol, ah well, if you need a hand with the fire bus Daz let me know anytime mate, more than happy to help out with anything.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by owen Sun Apr 20 2014, 09:10

if you haven't managed to sort it by the time I'm back I'm off all next week apart from Thursday so can help if you like.
cheers
Owen
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sun Apr 20 2014, 18:18

Have managed to bend and twist the floats to the settings in the book however not Chang ed the carbs over yet, got the bumper and bits all back on for Wyke down tomorrow so will have a plan for next week,,visit Peter Howard ref my rear wheel bearing and then do my carbs swap over, funnily enough the engine is running pretty good at the mo but after a few miles I lose the idle, think once the engine bay heats up then the issue arises, could even be the linkage as have read up the heat in the engine bay can warp the hex linkage causing the carbs to fall out of balance, once it get the carbs done I will look at getting the CSP LINKAGE, it seems to be the best and is proven, Owne and Carl seem to be going great with this linkage, have a great day guys and the rain here has subsided, the sun is out and is looking good for tomorrow ,

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down