Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hessisch Communial items for Journey

+2
carl & helen
Ronnieboy59
6 posters

Go down

Hessisch Communial items for Journey Empty Hessisch Communial items for Journey

Post by Ronnieboy59 Mon Jun 10 2013, 10:10

Just a quick note to confirm which was agreed at Sundays BBQ Dave/Ernas.
Communial item carried/Taken by whom.
Cookers and Gas- Dave + Ron
Tables - Carl and Dave
BBQ + GAS- Carl
Coleman shelter complete- Ron
Kettles Gas- Ron , 240v Carl
240 Volt hook with RCDS Ron and Carl but others may wish to carry also.
Pots and pans were accepted as each carry own
Coolboxes/Fridge- Dave + Carl but others can also take one
Lighting for shelter, Strip light and Lantern Carl + Ron
Battery Trickle charger- Carl
Club Flag- Dave
Persil- Ron + others or buy on route
Sat nav/ Ipad- Carl + others if owned
Road Maps- Carl and Owen
12 Volt spare starter battery- Ron
Tents- was agreed Carl - Ron - Owen but think 2 will be ample so will leave mine out.
Jump Leads- Ron, however others probably have them packed already
Water containers- Dave + Ron but others may wish to take one.
Pegs and washing Line- each to carry a few little bits.
IN THE EVNT OF DETAILS, to be placed in Dash of buses with contact details/ Meds/Allergies etc, ALL VEHICLES.
Any other items we have missed please add to list and i think we are all aware we will all be carrying a bit more than required but folks buses are normally always pre-packed with spares etc.
FOA Owen, as you may find things you want to add to list then feel free, however there was discussion ref: fuel pumps, 1x Electical between Car + Dave and 1x Mechanical between you and i ?
Well thats all i have for now folks only to remind folks reference breakdown kits for each bus EHIC CARDS and Breatherliser kits, passports,copies of Insurance, MOT,Drivers License,Ferry booking tickets, cash/Euros and lots eh
Soon be time to depart from the Chestnut in Andover at 6Pm on the Wed 19th June 2013.
Ron:D8)
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Hessisch Communial items for Journey Empty Re: Hessisch Communial items for Journey

Post by carl & helen Mon Jun 10 2013, 16:00

Walkie Talkies – Carl
Storm strap – Carl
Metal hammer – Ron
Mallet - Carl
Chairs – own
Sat Nav – Carl & Owen
Phone chargers – own
Air compressor – Dave
Trolley jack – Carl & Ron
Spanners – Dave, Owen & Ron
Rachets – Ron
Sockets – Dave
Manual foot pump – Ron
Spare Tyres – own
Perpex sheets – Owen
Gaffer tape – Carl
Maps – Carl & Owen
First Aid Kit – own

These are extras from Carl's list
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Hessisch Communial items for Journey Empty Re: Hessisch Communial items for Journey

Post by owen Wed Jun 12 2013, 08:34

Don't think I have much to add to this generally I carry a fair range of spare parts that would suit all. I will be taking a large breaker bar and axle sockets as I've recently had trouble with rear wheel seals and brakes hopefully sorted now. good trip up to Coventry and back no problems and averaging about 28 mpg so seems to be running okay
Have done some A3 copies of the map so everyone can have a copy which may be easier to read as I have increased the scale abit .
Won't make the 6pm kick off as I will be working that day so won't be back till about then so probably met up with you later at Dover.
cheers
owen
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed Jun 12 2013, 08:57

Just a thought probably already have it covered but a list of thinks like points , plug gaps, common torque settings etc might be useful if your memory is like mine.

Carl I have my brothers brake bleeder now to if needed
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed Jun 12 2013, 08:59

Owen,,More than happy to leave a bit later and wait for you, if the others agree, would 7pm depart be any better or there abouts. ?

Ron
Carl/Helen/Dave ???
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Wed Jun 12 2013, 10:37

Daz, how are you for Sunday? or later Sat evening? (We are out Sat 'luncheoning' in Oxford, don't know what time we will be back though).
Can we also pick up the walkie talkies? (We've got one back from Steve)

Owen, can you make a later depart?

We should all be registered for 75th at Wolfsberg - just waiting for our names to appear. Mine took a few days, don't really know as I wasn't expecting to see my name on there. We need to sort payment when we are there.

Looking forward to it
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Thu Jun 13 2013, 07:43

Spoke to Owen last night, he's still hoping to travel Wed night but can't be certain about times as he gets in at 6 pm. 
Overnight parking Dover: had a look on a couple of forums
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/6585-overnight-parking-dover.html

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=12&TopicID=227015&PagePosition=1&oo=41627715
http://www.stop24.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10

Looks like the Esplanade is OK, near'ish to garages, don't know about public toilets, may need a pee bottle for the night.
The M20 services charge £10 parking, lots about getting parking fines etc and being dirty & noisy.
Can always get food etc at chippy / pub and last toilet stop before parking up

Just another thought weren't there showers on the ferry?

What do you think 
Also spoke to Neil Smart too last night. He will be sending us details about camping and factory tour in Hannover. I think this is the camp site and I will get us all booked in. http://www.camping-blauer-see.de/en/camping/overview.
There are 19 vehicles approx going to Hannover from the SSVC. I'll keep you posted
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Hessisch Communial items for Journey Empty hessich

Post by robby Fri Jun 14 2013, 00:21

hi everyone, good luck on ur journey, has everyone got a spare wheel or two, (for those of you with different sized wheels back and front +different wheel bolts if needed) wheel wrench and jack, hazard triangle , daglo waste jacket and first aid kit as I think it is the law to have these in ur veichle in france I think. good luck , have fun , drive safely and send us a post card.hope this fills in some gaps on what to take if u havnt already got them,i know what its like to be sat on the side of the road . happy cruiseing, robby and kate Very Happy.ps fao Ron, make sure u take ur porta potti ha ha.Laughing
robby
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Fri Jun 14 2013, 01:11

got most things covered now. Thanks a lot Robby
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sat Jun 15 2013, 10:23

Nearly that time and getting excited, think the pee bottle is a good idea,(emergencies only of course), thanks Robbie ha ha, Just getting last bits done to bus, Nut and bolts and fluids all checked, tyres and spare WHEELS all sorted,a little food and some clothes and cash and ready to go, Oh,,,wash and polish on the next dry day, sad i know but scrubbed under my bus yeasterday and sprayed the whole underneath with wax polish,,,no i did not shine it up,,,but i did inside the wheel arches:D

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Sat Jun 15 2013, 19:02

All our names are on Wolfsberg participation list....yay!!!!
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Erna & David Sat Jun 15 2013, 20:38

Thats great just wait to hear what time we are leaving Wednesday evening from Andover, excitement kicking in now, count down.
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Tue Jun 18 2013, 10:04

Got details from Neil re Hannover - I have sent you emails about it and printed off the maps etc.

having spoke to you all last night we are hoping to meet / leave from 7.00 - 7.30 pm on Wed night. (Owen will be the deciding factor although Carl will probably be late too.)
Just printing off all ferry details at the minute.

Have you seen the BBT4 blog? Bob has emptied the warehouse / museum and has polished his floor, no wonder his busses are so shiny.

http://blog.bbt4vw.com/
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by owen Wed Jun 19 2013, 08:06

Almost ready to go got two new tyres on the front yesterday and frantically filling the van up last night so should be able to make it just after 7pm tonight if I don't get caught at work.
see you all later .
cheers
owen
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed Jun 19 2013, 08:15

Well Done Owen, even if its a little later we will wait for you, start out together and all come back together, should be a great trip. see ya later.

Ron:D:D
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed Jun 19 2013, 11:52

Have a good trip gutted we cant come with you take lots of pics on yoru adventures.

Daz, Lisa & Ceara
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed Jun 19 2013, 11:59

Thanks Daz, Yes we will take hundreds of pics and when we get back there will be a BBQ and Carl will show them on a projector.

all it is now is having confidence in the bus eh.

Ta mate

Ron

Ps its a pity you can`t make it but priorities 1st eh.
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Wed Jun 19 2013, 16:49

Carl's home, showered and just having a quick sarnie. We've packed the bus, got a couple of small beers for tonight, and are seriously looking forward to our trip. See you at the Chestnut at 7 ish.
Owen give us a shout if you need a spare pair of hands.
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down