Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safari window Glue removal from hinge

Go down

Safari window Glue removal from hinge Empty Safari window Glue removal from hinge

Post by Ronnieboy59 Mon May 27 2013, 13:27

Probably for Owen more so as he has just done his safari windows, Had to remove my driver side safari as it was hanging of the hinge, now i have removed hinge from window frame there is a glue residue on the window frame all along where the hinge fixes to the frame, there is also a 2" bead of glue on the hinge, Question- what is the best way to remove this stubborn Glue, so far i have tried, WD40, PETROL, NAIL POLISH REMOVER,STANLEY BLADE, none of which is doing very well, is it a case of sandpaper, need this done by Friday and back fitted to bus for Stoner, 1 bonus is that there was only 1 row of drilled holes on the bus for the hinge so will fill and drill holes in correct place when fitting back on, Owen if i can borrow the glue and clamps it would be appreciated and i will still buy the glue but it can be held un-opened for anyone else to use due to shelf life once opened ?

Help appreciated, will only be doing drivers window for now as passenger hinge still entact.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down