Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat Dilemma!

3 posters

Go down

Seat Dilemma! Empty Seat Dilemma!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 00:34

Hi,

Having a mare about what seats to choose.......

I bought a pair of originals for my late bay, but after a long drive to devon the other week I'm not sure if I should keep them or not with the lower back pain? Has anyone got anything other than originals and what are your opinions? I don't know if I should go for Porsche 944/924s or get some T25 captain chairs? I've seen Saab 9000 fit, but unsure on the look of them, or do I just get the originals re-stuffed and hope that makes them more comfortable??

Any advice welcome please!

Back to top Go down

Seat Dilemma! Empty Seats

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:22

Hi

Have the same issue with seats in my Splitty, they look ok but are not so good for the longer trips so have decided to go for Cream leather Rover seats, just waiting on a guy sending pics as they are fitted in his splitty, I feel the Porsche and the Saab seat are too high backed to look the part but then its all down to choice and what will / wont fit, at your next show visit some other buses and get opinions from those who have fitted alternative seats and at least seeing them in place will help you decide.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Seat Dilemma! Empty Re: Seat Dilemma!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:35

I saw a van with 944 seats a thought they looked OK, but agree about the high backs not quite looking the part. If I'm going for comfort then I may go for the T25 seats, then at least they will still sort of go??

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sat Jun 11 2011, 14:49

Never had a problem with original seats if they are good nick but they are never going to be as good as modern alternatives. You can pretty much fit anything with a bit of ingenuity just need to watch the seat base height as once you have created your custom seat mounting you need to ensure your not too high. My brother has vauxhall gte seat in his bay and they seem to fit nice so well worth visiting a scrappy and having a look around.

Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Seat Dilemma! Empty agree

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sat Jun 11 2011, 16:26

Yes Daz, I agree with the Vauxhall set up, seen a set of leather astra seats which could be a good alternative, Rover seats fell through as they were not for a walkthrough, looking at salvage companies for the new Mini seats or MGF.

Ron

Ps Well done Daz on the work you did on Stoner, heard it was a great success and a great time had by all.
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Jun 12 2011, 13:55

i wouldnt getsome t25 seats i dont find them very comfy, plus would think the 2/3 seatwould be to wide for a bay?
best seats in the world imh is stock beetle seats!
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Jun 12 2011, 13:56

btw i have a set of recaros from a cosworth/ rs turbo (i think?) if your interested?
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down