Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey trip

5 posters

Go down

Jersey trip Empty Jersey trip

Post by Ronnieboy59 Tue Jun 17 2014, 20:09

For those intending to come along on the bank holiday In Aug then could folks kindly add names to the list please, this will allow us to select a campsite taking into account the cost of the overall trip.

Carl and I will be leaving early on Wed and returning on the Monday however for those who can't make the whole time then please add the days you can attend, so far the initial plan is 

Depart Poole 20/08/2014
Arrive Jersey

Condor ferry

depart Jersey 25/08/2014
Arrive Weymouth

Initial cost for the ferry and a bus with 2 adults is approx £300 return however it can change day to day as the ferry fills up or fails to attract bookings.

If you can't make the ferry it can work out cheap to fly and we can arrange collection from airport which maybe the case with Helen and Linda.

We fully understand some will not be able to make it however please let us know if you can make all the dates or partial dates to help us with arranging the camping.

On that note, John reports that this is the best campsite http://www.campingjersey.com/index.html
Base price is £24 per night
I am going to make contact and check availability based on 4 or 5 vehicles tomorrow. Plus John TC of course Smile

There is also http://www.daisycottagecampsite.com. Facilities and costs seem similar

Much appreciated

Further details will follow as soon as possible

Going

Carl and Helen
Ron and Linda
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Jersey trip Empty Re: Jersey trip

Post by John TC Wed Jun 18 2014, 08:06

Exciting  cheers  cheers
John TC
John TC
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed Jun 18 2014, 17:52

Linda has managed to get the time off work so she will be travelling with me on the Wednesday, do hope Helen gets the time off also, looking forward to the trip and seeing Jj on Jersey.

Ron Cool 

Hope Jersey can handle us lol
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Wed Jun 18 2014, 17:59

Hoped you say that John, seeing as Helen kinda invited herself and us with her !!

One thing I can't figure - Condor ferries is a lot cheaper on August bank holiday Thursday and Friday, than it is Tues and Weds (20th August). Seems the wrong way round.

Is that normal - is it just supply and demand with a lot of people sailing to get away early for the bh weekend?
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John TC Thu Jun 19 2014, 08:08

Carl I have never been able to work out Condor pricing, I only know that as a captive audience we have no choice but to use them.   It's all down to supply and demand I guess, keep the prices down until they have covered their running costs, then hike them up as the boat gets full. or so it seems.

Its good news about Linda getting the time off Ron, good to have a co pilot  Laughing    BTW Jersey is ready for you  cheers 
Comon Helen you can talk them into letting you have the time off  Laughing 

looking foward to this
John TC
John TC
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Jun 20 2014, 18:08

I have looked at the pricing might have to give it a miss sorry, just with us and Ceara its going to work out over £30 a night as they charge for toddlers ... and with the £300+ for the ferry not something I can afford at the moment unless my numbers come up.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Sat Jun 21 2014, 06:53

fear not John. Helen has booked the days off and double checked it with her manager. And she has confirmed it, so we can now book the ferry for Weds to monday.

Ron, I will call you this morning and we can get our booking made.

John, a questions please - seems to be some confusion. On dover ferries a booking for a camper (not about a panel though) can be done as a car, over 1.85m high and up to 5m long. But I've hear that some on condor have done this and some haven't. Will that work on condor, what do you know? Think you said book as MVP /SUV. Can I please just check?

Ron, once we have booked can you call Keith and Sarah and I'll call Owen re possibly coming along as they haven't been on here for a while...

Cheers
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John TC Sat Jun 21 2014, 07:37

Thats good news Carl.

I book as a MVP /SUV over 1.85m high and up to 5m long when I book , you are paying for the volume of space you occupy
you should have no problems.
John TC
John TC
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Sat Jun 21 2014, 10:00

WE HAVE BOOKED!!!!!!!

Very excited now Smile  Very Happy  Surprised 

Ron, we have provisionally booked upper deck seating with booking (free)

We have left message with campsite to check availability......hope they can take us!
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sat Jun 21 2014, 12:36

Info on trip now posted on the ABVWC facebook page

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Jersey trip Empty We Have Booked

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed Jul 16 2014, 07:40

Yes it's all booked up now Very Happy  Cool 

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Wed Jul 16 2014, 13:09

Great news Ron. I have PM'd Daz following from my chat with him at the BBQ. Once we know what Daz and Lisa's plans are we can confirm the trip arrangements with John.

Daz, can you give me a bell or reply so we can get the Jersey trip confirmed please?

Thanks all
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Thu Jul 17 2014, 22:44

Spoke with John tonight. He has lined up a couple of special treats for us when we go over there. Ron, Linda, Owen I'll update you tomorrow as it is getting late now.
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Sun Jul 20 2014, 08:51

John is really keen but felt that the arrangements for staying with him was just not going to work well enough around permits and bathroom space. So I have now made a booking enquiry at johns recommended campsite. It looks great and looks like we will get to camp in a square around our Coleman shelter again on a biggish plot but not one each as we just don't need that much space and john can obviously take a slot there when he stays with us.

The campsite is likely to give us a multi van discount and john is going to help out with that. There is also another jersey splitty van family that wants to come and stay with us. Not only that but the jersey VW owners all know we are coming and want to meet up with us on the Sunday. So alongside a couple of other treats that I am keeping quiet on for now it is going to be a heck of a trip.

I'm booking for 5 of us in 3 vans with Owens camping covered in the discount deal as his trip is more expensive and i have now found a way to cover the cost of his camping. After all the ferry for Ron and I is split amongst 2 people. Guys once I have the campsite quote I will be in touch with you and john. We can then work out costs and Owen can confirm and book his ferry. THEN we are really on.
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Tue Jul 22 2014, 19:26

Very Happy Bring it on eye ha Very Happy
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Wed Jul 23 2014, 06:46

Camping now booked for Carl, Helen, Ron, Linda and Owen.
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by owen Thu Jul 24 2014, 15:33

All booked down and ready to go coming over on the Thursday with some amendments but can discuss at the weekend ferry prices have gone up !
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down