Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays

+2
Erna & David
carl & helen
6 posters

Go down

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays Empty AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays

Post by carl & helen Fri May 16 2014, 18:47

Hi all
We’ve now done some initial planning for AK and Friends drive out days, weekends away and even a Jersey holiday. Now clearly we won’t suit all of the people all of the time, but here is what we are planning. And this is based on the grabs below from http://www.vwshows.com/shows.php?country=united%20kingdom&year=2014

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays <a href=AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays May_zps24e5e9c8" />

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays <a href=AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays June_zps42c26a41" />

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays <a href=AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays July_zps87d946ff" />

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays <a href=AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays Aug_zps19b9e083" />

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays <a href=AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays Sept_zps908ae732" />
Each month we will highlight shows that WE ARE GOING TO on individual threads so look out for more on Bristol, Dubbin in Dorset and Aircooled 14.

So here goes on drive out days and longer stays:
1.      25th May: AK picnic at Crofton Beam Engine ‘bank holiday in steam weekend’ http://www.croftonbeamengines.org/. Please see the Crofton thread for more details

2.      13-15 June: AK New Forest Camping. And yes I’ll investigate pubs open late for the England v. Italy world cup game. Otherwise let’s take tv.

It sounds like there might be two not one AK New Forest Drive Out and Camping weekends Possible extra weekends are 7-8 or 28-29 June. Keep an eye open for more.

3. Bristol, Dubbin in Dorset and Aircooled 14 might be shows to promote and visit.

4.       12-13 July: Proposed: AK Sunday BBQ, 15 July in the Savernake Forest with chance to camp night before in the v nice Forest campsite - http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/group-campers-welcomed-at-camping-in-the-forest-sites

See note:
AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays <a href=AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays FC_zpse6618941" />

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/englandwiltshiremarlboroughwoodlandssavernakeposternhillpicnicsite

4.      Jersey: from 15th to 26th August. This is in the process of being investigate with JJ - John Jersey. Whilst we foresee this centred around August bank holiday long weekend (24-26 Aug) it might be possible to use some of the week before, or even the previous weekend. But I stress this does depend on John. But if there is interest (I think Ron and Linda and Helen and I are definite) it could form a break long enough to justify the ferry price – I’ll do some price checks but Owen reckons £260 ish.

I plan to promote this to AK via the forum, to friends via email and other clubs via email, social media and initial phone chat and going to see as appropriate. If there any friends or clubs you want to invite, please share this with them or get me their details and I'll do the rest (phone or email).

Quick views would really help, otherwise we'll see you for the picnic on bank holiday Sunday (25th May) starting at 12'oclock midday.
Cheers
Carl

Last edited by carl & helen on Tue Jun 10 2014, 06:03; edited 3 times in total
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays Empty Re: AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays

Post by Erna & David Fri May 16 2014, 19:09

25th May ok
13th 15th June ok
others dates comps on.

Erna
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays Empty Re: AK and Friends drive out days and longer stays

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sat May 17 2014, 07:25

Very well done Carl, you have been busy, have had a chat with Brian in Basingstoke and his club are up for days/weekends away, will let him know of initial days out, have also contacted South Coast vdubs on Facebook to pass details to us, email/contact number to help compile emailing list, no reply as yet, also spoke to Liam and Steve and they said they would be happy to come along to days/weekends away, will try to get more club details from Facebook..

Again well done on the planning,,Job well done and let's all keep it going and getting ourselves out there.

Think we were talking about Club T shirts and hats ? To help promote our growing club,

Sun is shining today so that means I hope I get my bus back from the garage today Very Happy 

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sat May 17 2014, 22:34

Hi ya

25th May, we have friends round so not sure on that one but will see.
13th-15th June, yep were free.
12th - 13th July, we are away camping that week.
15th - 26th August, potentially looks good.

Daz, Lisa & Ceara
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John TC Sun May 18 2014, 10:16

Don't forget the 'Devon dub fest'   http://www.devondubfest.co.uk/   25th - 27th July
John TC
John TC
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Mon May 19 2014, 23:13

No problem there John. As you now from our chat tonight we are now definite for Devon Dubfest. And there is a separate thread for it. Once you've clarified how we might get together for camping please just pm, email or drop a note on there.

This thread was just to introduce our drive out days and weekends away to 'non-show weekends'. We'll still put up a thread for each weekend event so people can plan, discuss review and share pics. Hope this works ok for you. Very Happy

Just for general reading, In June there is likely to be one or more New Forest camping weekends as Rob can make one early or late but not one mid month. And at least a couple of us on each already. More to come on these.

And shows that might be worth a look are; Stonor (free campaign for paid up AK members) Bristol Volksfest (although I'm not a fan), Dubbin in Dorset and Aircooled 14 - not been to either but both been well promoted.

I'll make sure posts are there and up to date on all this 'stuff tomorrow. Night all
carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zoidbuzz Tue May 20 2014, 11:37

Got your email last night - thank you!
Will hopefully be moving house in June, but not sure when yet. Will see what is do-able & chat to you at Stonor? Smile
zoidbuzz
zoidbuzz
Club Member
Club Member

http://www.zoefwilliams.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Tue May 20 2014, 11:50

Great stuff Zoe
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Erna & David Sun May 25 2014, 18:39

Thanks for the day out today, good to see a few from the club,
We are looking at Friday till Sunday morning camping at The New Forest, 13th - 15th June, would,nt mind Red Shoot as its got a pub there. Very Happy  any other ideas and who would be coming. Later dates a bit tied up,  Erna cat
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down