Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus is Broken

3 posters

Go down

Bus is Broken Empty Bus is Broken

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sun Nov 22 2015, 15:59

Hi all
Just an update on my bus, ITS BROKEN, Keith did it, lol, na it's just bad at starting so today changed all the plugs, Rotary arm, but still not starting, now I think it's fuel orientated, has a Facet pump and fuel cut off relay thing,,,that's what Keith Broke, he abused it and pulled it and broke it, even after a cup of tea and a Choc chip Muffin,,he broke it, well I don't like the cut of relay or the facet fuel pump so going to order a CB performance fuel pump and fit that and hope it solves the problem, was looking forward to driving bus to club meet next week, doubt that will happen now,,,,is this my welcome back to the bus ownership and flat broke club lol, ah, it's all flooding back to me now, still, nice way to spend Sunday.

Ta

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Bus is Broken Empty Re: Bus is Broken

Post by tint1n Mon Nov 23 2015, 15:57

Doesn't look like you have a lot of luck Ron, think you should buy a beetle instead Very Happy:D
tint1n
tint1n
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon Nov 23 2015, 20:29

You've broken it already Laughing  ... the fuel cut off relay should be good if it is wired right, I have always used the carter rotary pumps over the facet much quieter and fuel is already regulated to 3.5 psi.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Bus is Broken Empty Maybe need a wee bit help

Post by Ronnieboy59 Tue Nov 24 2015, 17:27

Hi Daz

Yes Keith broke it lol, it appears to me that something was not right as had trouble getting fuel to the carbs when everything was switched on, Set up is, fuel line to Facet Pump, Facet pump connected to a relay wired to coil, then fuel line to a filter then onto carbs, I don't think this is a good setup so have now bought a Carter rotary pump, thing is I fitted one a couple of years back and have a vague idea how to do it but Owen wired it to my Fuse box, not sure if I should keep the cut off relay but will take advice on that from anyone who thinks they are a good idea and the best way to set it up, if I were to keep the relay then where do I wire the live to on the pump ? All the way forward to fuse box or to coil ? Not sure, anyway soon as weather better will crack on with it.

Ta in Advance of any advice.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed Nov 25 2015, 14:15

Been using them for the last 10+ years I just hook them up to a switch so I can turn it off and on at will as I we have done to Carl's and alike always a comedy moment when you forget to turn it on. The cut off relay just does that for you in theory just down to preference.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Bus is Broken Empty Wiring in Carter pump

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu Nov 26 2015, 03:55

Hi Daz
Can I pick your Brain please, which fuse on the fuse box should I use to wire in the fuel pump ? I have a spare switch on my dash so 

Live wire with inline fuse to fuse box

Run long wire from fuse box to live on pump

Earth pump

Cut off relay I think is wired to the Live on coil

Ta

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sun Dec 06 2015, 17:49

Ronnieboy59 wrote:Hi Daz
Can I pick your Brain please, which fuse on the fuse box should I use to wire in the fuel pump ? I have a spare switch on my dash so 

Live wire with inline fuse to fuse box

Run long wire from fuse box to live on pump

Earth pump

Cut off relay I think is wired to the Live on coil

Ta

Ron

Sorry Ron didn't see this till now the load is only about 3 amps so shouldn't be too bad I think I ran it off the second one from the right as I had a spare terminal and it is ignition live only.

You could run fused live from coil and earth all the way to the switch if you preferred doesn't really matter which way as long as it is fused.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum