Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrical Recommendations

Go down

Electrical Recommendations  Empty Electrical Recommendations

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 11:18

Good morning everyone,

I am just finishing off my interior, but before fixing it all down I want to get the internal electrics sorted for the hook up and was thinking about putting a leisure battery in? Could anyone recommend someone who could do this and give a guide to how much I should expect to pay? Everything is in place, but want to make sure it is all set up correctly and I also have a problem with something draining my battery very quickly, possibly the stereo??

Cheers

Rob

Back to top Go down

Electrical Recommendations  Empty Re: Electrical Recommendations

Post by Grizzly Fri Mar 04 2011, 11:33

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.

Leisure batteries are fairly simple to install if you have a decent grasp of electrics, I have popped up a how to in the workshop section CLICK HERE. As to someone to install I would offer but I am pressed for time at the moment not sure if anybody else has any recommendations. Have you bought the relay and stuff already.

In regards to your battery drain is your stereo permanently powered or only off the ignition. Usually is the stereo specially if you dont use the wagon for long spells otherwise would be looking at what other sources are permanently on.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 11:54

Hi Daz,

Thanks for the reply. I will have to check about the stereo, but certain it is permently on? I take it it should be powered from the ignition only? It was all set up before I bought the van.

I haven't bought the relay yet and was looking at zig units. Will I need one of these, or can I get by without?

Cheers for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Mar 04 2011, 16:11

The zig is only used to monitor your Battery state which is quite useful but optional I have never used one, believe David & Erna have one fitted maybe worth speaking to them. There are more expensive zigs which help you charge your leisure battery up through your electric hook up for example.

Regards the stereo most stereos will have a permanent power source and an ignition source. Problem is that some like the one we have in Lisa's van stays lite up all the time to display a clock eating the battery over a period of time the good ones only use it for battery backup so the unit appears dead and only comes to life when your ignition source comes alive.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 15:36

Daz,

Could you recommend what relay I should go for? I have had a look on JK and seen a complete kit, but will I need all of this? I will be using it for a three way fridge, plug socket, a couple of internal lights and maybe my stereo if that helps?

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/9763/s/leisure-battery-complete-wiring-kit-j15328/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed Mar 16 2011, 17:29

Personally I wouldn't buy that kit I find the relays are rubbish. I usually buy the bits individually from http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu. If you do want to buy a kit give Peter Good at http://www.volksgoods.co.uk a call and he will supply you with what you need.

I think this is the relay I bought for Dave & Erna's wagon is this one.
R70 (1) 70 B Yes £5.54
Electrical Recommendations  R70

You need a high current relays with the pins 30, 85, 86 and 87.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down