Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coilovers Problem

2 posters

Go down

Coilovers Problem Empty Coilovers Problem

Post by Grizzly Sat Feb 26 2011, 22:31

Coilovers are all fitted on the golf but got a bit of a problem with the offside front (set 9cm), what ever I set it to it always seems to be lower than the nearside front (set 8cm) which is just about right, any ideas. scratch
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Coilovers Problem Empty Re: Coilovers Problem

Post by Liam Sun Feb 27 2011, 10:57

Sounds daft dude but where are you measuring from? If its floor to wheelarch the arch lips and ground may be slightly different? Id drice it round the block and let it settle and park it in the drive the other way and see what its like then
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sun Feb 27 2011, 18:41

Cheers mate I have moved the Golf on to more flat ground are they are level . . . but as discussed today does look like it might be the top mount giving me grief so will have to get that sorted when I can. Anyway only got to get the brakes bleed and should be back on the road would have done it today but it keeps pissing down.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Feb 27 2011, 18:58

sounds like a top mount like we said pity the weathers not been kind. im on earlys next week so can give you a hand with the brake bleeding if you want in the afternoon evening. gimmie a shout
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Mar 11 2011, 16:44

The offending top mount apparently this can happen on lowered cars and is not a problem . . . the suspensions seems to be leveled out now even though one is wound to 8.5 and one to 9.5 on the front the backs are the same just the fronts that are different Question

Coilovers Problem Pictur13
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum