Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twin webber 34ict

4 posters

Go down

Twin webber 34ict Empty Twin webber 34ict

Post by Steven Sun May 29 2011, 21:33

hey all theirs some twin webber 34ict for sale on volkszone here's the link

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=714736

Just wondering if they'd be any good on my bug and wether theyd need much else to fit etc?

What do people reckon about these carbs?

It says it needs jets? Are these expensive and where could I get them from?

The guy has said he'll take £125 for them?

Sorry about all the questions just want some info!
Steven
Steven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Twin webber 34ict Empty Re: Twin webber 34ict

Post by owen Mon May 30 2011, 10:41

Have got a set but never used them. Not as good as baby Dells and fairly basic.You can also still get new ones still from Eurocarb and they will sell you the jets you need.
Originally set up for a Bedford van so all the jets need replacing including the emulsion jets which aren’t cheap, prob £40 to replace the lot. Ideally you want to buy something that is all been set up and recently been running. so doesn't look as cheap as it sounds.
I have rebuilt my set rejetted it but yet to try them like dells they like low fuel pressure, < 3psi , which either means an electric pump or fuel regulator.
Seem to work ok on std engines Laurie Pettit uses them with good results.
Cheers Owen
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon May 30 2011, 11:08

wouldnt bother on a stock bug engine in a bug tbh
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Mon May 30 2011, 11:24

owen wrote:Have got a set but never used them. Not as good as baby Dells and fairly basic.You can also still get new ones still from Eurocarb and they will sell you the jets you need.
Originally set up for a Bedford van so all the jets need replacing including the emulsion jets which aren’t cheap, prob £40 to replace the lot. Ideally you want to buy something that is all been set up and recently been running. so doesn't look as cheap as it sounds.
I have rebuilt my set rejetted it but yet to try them like dells they like low fuel pressure, < 3psi , which either means an electric pump or fuel regulator.
Seem to work ok on std engines Laurie Pettit uses them with good results.
Cheers Owen

Cheers for the info Owen! Think I'll give these ones a miss as he doesn't know much about them, they haven't been run in ages he said an they'll probably need a rebuild! Considering you can get a fully jetted set for my engine with all filters cross linkages an stuff for £250 from eurocarb may be worth saving a little bit more for them? I rekin by the time Ive bought the new carbs jets and late for postage etc I'd be up to near that!

Cheers again
Steven
Steven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon May 30 2011, 12:48

Like Owen I would always go for baby dells over ICT's personally but they are coming increasingly difficult to get hold of. This size of carb I think are ideal for near stock engines, with a decent extractor exhaust you can usually add about 10 hp set up properly. I have been using a set of 34 dells on my 1500 sp for years now I use a rotary pump from stateside as they are already regulated down to 3psi.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Mon May 30 2011, 13:00

Ok cheers daz. So theirs nothing majorly bad with the weber 34icts then? How much is the fuel pump you use? And is their anything else needed to fit twin carbs?
Steven
Steven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon May 30 2011, 17:48

You cant run a vac dizzly with ICT's that I know of, they seem a little less sharp and a bit more juicy to me, the rotary pump is about £60 quid comes with an integral filter and regulated to 3.5 psi, Carl will be able to tell you as he bought one most recently for his van when we fitted the dells to his wagon. You dont neccesarily need it just you can risk over fuelling if you dont regulate the fuel pressure you can do it by adding extra gaskets to your existing fuel pump to but you would have to measure it from your pump till you got it right.

You need to think about linkage, manifolds return springs, fitting kit, dizzy, fuel pump or regulator for the stock one, single pack extractor exhaust as yours would kill the performance gain cant think of anything else at the mo.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down