Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CB oil filler gland nut tool

3 posters

Go down

CB oil filler gland nut tool Empty CB oil filler gland nut tool

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed May 21 2014, 17:12

Hi has anyone got a tool which will tighten the gland nut to the Alternater stand inside the CB oil filler breather tower, if so could I borrow please as would like to fit my tower,,and only once, many thanks in advance.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

CB oil filler gland nut tool Empty Re: CB oil filler gland nut tool

Post by owen Wed May 21 2014, 22:10

hi ron I did have one  but haven't used it for about five yrs and can't put my hands on it . From memory it was the cheap  version which is pretty crap  was okay to do up new nuts  but useless to undo the old ones. Decent tool is about £20. If I find it I will let you know
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed May 21 2014, 22:46

Many thanks Owen, appreciated

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Thu May 22 2014, 11:17

Ive got one if I can find it, can vouch for what Owen says though they are crap, I usuall end up just tap in it round with a large screw driver and rubber hammer
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu May 22 2014, 13:57

Daz, that's exactly what I did to remove the stock one and fit to my new engine, anyway, now that I have all the 90 degree fittings all I need to know is,

1. Does the gland nut have a washer fitted to it prior to seating it in the CB Tower

2. Is there a washer that fits to the gland nut once fitted inside the CB Tower and onto the threads prior to fitting to the Alternator stand.

Reason I ask the above there does not appear to be a lot of thread showing through if washers are to be fitted prior to mounting on Alt stand.

Ta

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Thu May 22 2014, 14:10

Ronnieboy59 wrote:Daz, that's exactly what I did to remove the stock one and fit to my new engine, anyway, now that I have all the 90 degree fittings all I need to know is,

1. Does the gland nut have a washer fitted to it prior to seating it in the CB Tower

2. Is there a washer that fits to the gland nut once fitted inside the CB Tower and onto the threads prior to fitting to the Alternator stand.

Reason I ask the above there does not appear to be a lot of thread showing through if washers are to be fitted prior to mounting on Alt stand.

Ta

Ron

Nope no washers, I used an original nut and not the one supplied as from memory it's pants.

Where are you running your pipes to the carbs or fresh air. I tend to block the two bottom holes otherwise there is a risk of filling up your rockers when topping up the oil. I remember many moons also adding wire wool to the top half of the tower to aid separation.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu May 22 2014, 14:39

Good advice Daz, not venting my rockers as had to change the rocker covers to the scat ones with tabs as the gasket kept slipping, may give them another try some other time,

My thinking is

Fuel pump block off to one of the holes in the bottom of the tower

One take off from the top to right carb

Vent to ground from the take off at the back off the tower

Was told there wasn't really a need to vent to both carbs but I am always open to advice

Currently venting from stock oil filler to right carb and the fuel pump block off is capped off for now until I get good weather to get the tower fitted, been told it's all about negative pressure which was all new to me.

Any advice welcome Daz

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Thu May 22 2014, 14:46

Ronnieboy59 wrote:Good advice Daz, not venting my rockers as had to change the rocker covers to the scat ones with tabs as the gasket kept slipping, may give them another try some other time,

My thinking is

Fuel pump block off to one of the holes in the bottom of the tower

One take off from the top to right carb

Vent to ground from the take off at the back off the tower

Was told there wasn't really a need to vent to both carbs but I am always open to advice

Currently venting from stock oil filler to right carb and the fuel pump block off is capped off for now until I get good weather to get the tower fitted, been told it's all about negative pressure which was all new to me.

Any advice welcome Daz

Ron
Nope sounds good to me, that's the way I would do it now.

• Rear bottom to fuel block off.
  • One to carb for pressure
  • One to air through bottom tins 90 degree fitting needed
  • And I wire wool it

CB oil filler gland nut tool Cbtowe10
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Thu May 22 2014, 14:51

Thanks Daz for confirmation, and the picture, have done all the steel scrubs etc washed and dried, got all the 90 degree connectors and hoses, hope to get on it later if weather settles,

Thanks mate

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: