Aircooled Konnection

Aircooled Konnection VW Club

Gallery

South Hants (SHPVS) Car Show and Autojumble.

Mon Apr 07 2014, 15:26 by Grizzly

SHVPS Annual Classic Vehicle Show and Autojumble

Date: Sunday 1st June 2014 10.00am – 4.00pm

Queen Elizabeth Country Park,

Gravel Hill, Horndean, Waterlooville. PO8 0QE

3 miles South Of Petersfield on the A3

South Hants Vehicle Preservation Society’s Annual Classic Vehicle Show and popular Autojumble.

Easy access and free public car parking on site.

This is a family day out with …

Beachbuggin 6th August let me know if your planning on going.

Sat Jul 22 2017, 21:29 by Grizzly

Who's up for beachbuggin they have booked out club pitch just need to know numbers please . . . it is a great one day show on southsea common next to the beach . . . lots to see and do let me know if your going as I have to book you in and you have access at reduced rate £5 I believe it is

Camper and Bus show and August events - what are you hoping to do?

Sun Jul 16 2017, 13:06 by carl & helen

Club days out August

Are any of these of any interest? Or are you planning something different that we can group together on?

Don’t think any of us are doing BugJam so our first possible weekend is

Camper & Bus, Camping at the Castle – 28th, 29th 30th July. We love this in the Malvern’s  so we are going back. Any takers?
http://www.volksworldshows.com/camper-and-bus-weekend-home
We …

Hessich Oldendorf and Euro Bug In 2017 - European trip details

Sun Oct 09 2016, 12:34 by carl & helen

HO17, Germany - http://www.uraltkaefer.de
Quite a few of you have already talked about coming to Germany for Hessich Oldendorf or for Belgium Euro Bug In next year in late June and early July.

Together these give us an incredible, every four year European trip to Hessich, Germany, on to the factories in Wolfsberg and Hannover and the back via EBI - Euro Bug In the following weekend for those …

Stonor Park 2017

Tue Mar 28 2017, 15:04 by Grizzly

Hi Folks I will be needing some assistance at Stonor Park on the 4th June. As well as the camping I am also organising club displays in return you will have free entry & camping.
I will need assistance on white pond gate for club display pass hand outs and lining up aircooled avenue & watercooled way.

And anyone that wants to help me out with camping.

Lastly as Aircooled Konnection are running …

Next club meet 26th May @ Chalkhill Blue from 19:00 hrs

Mon May 22 2017, 21:43 by Grizzly

Next club meet 26th May @ Chalkhill Blue from 19:00 hrs

How To Leisure Battery

Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

How To Leisure Battery

Post by Grizzly on Fri Mar 04 2011, 11:46

There are varying ways to fit a leisure battery but the most common is a split charge relay. It dual charges off you dynamo, alternator so you can safely discharge the leisure battery while keeping your starter battery at full charge.

What you need;

• Split Charge Relay rated at least 30 amps, don’t buy the ready wired type from my experience they don’t last.
• 2 x 30 amp fuse holders
• 2 x 25 amp fuses for above
• Fuse box
• 12v Battery (Minimum 85 amp hour the bigger the amps the better) I don’t personally use leisure batteries they need to much maintenance and need a lot of charging a heavy duty car battery does just as well.
• Battery box or bracket for securing battery.
• Battery Terminal (quick release type can be used)
• Suitable wiring, connectors, fuses, etc.

Please Note; If you are placing 25 amp fuses then you need higher rated wire i.e. 27 – 30 amp, if you use 30 amp fuses you need 32 – 35 amp wire, fuses must always be rated below the wire you use so they are the weak point. Make sure all your connectors, fuse holders, wire etc. are rated appropriately for the loads they are carrying otherwise you risk fire.

Most items can be sourced off ebay or local motor stores, but if you need help sourcing the bits get in touch.

What to do;

• First decide where you want to put everything, where your running the wiring, what your drilling through etc. Once your happy disconnect your starter battery.
• Fit your split charge relay, fuse box, leisure batter and battery box or bracket securely in position.
• Connect the negative leisure battery terminal to a chassis earth point on the vehicle.
• Connect terminal 85 of the split charge relay to the same chassis earth point as above on the vehicle.
• Connect the positive leisure battery terminal to terminal 87 on the split charge relay inserting the 30 amp fuse holder close to the battery terminal.
• Connect the positive starter battery terminal to terminal 30 on the split charge relay inserting the 30 amp fuse holder close to the battery terminal.
• Connect terminal 86 to your alternator / dynamo warning light.
• Connect the positive of the leisure battery terminal.
• Double check everything is secure fastened and tight and insert the 25 amp fuses in the 30 amp fuse holders.
• It is all ready to go and next time you start your ignition both batteries will be charged. You can check by putting a voltmeter on your leisure battery positive terminal and measuring the voltage with the ignition off around 12.7 volts now start your engine and measuring again there should be about 13+ volts. if you have a dynamo remember you will need to rev the engine first.

Diagram updated 2012 . . .

This guide is exactly that, if you use it you do so at your own risk.

Last edited by Grizzlys on Thu Mar 29 2012, 18:07; edited 1 time in total
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Re: How To Leisure Battery

Post by Grizzly on Thu Mar 29 2012, 18:05

Updated the diagram . . .

Club Member

Post by Ronnieboy59 on Thu Mar 29 2012, 19:47

Info appreciated Daz

Great to see all 3 of you taday, baby is so lovely.

Ron
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Grizzly on Mon Jun 18 2012, 21:29

Keith this be it mate And this vehicle wiring products address.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/home/homepage.php

Daz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19 2017, 22:41