Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanner IT - DIY Garage

2 posters

Go down

Spanner IT - DIY Garage Empty Spanner IT - DIY Garage

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03 2011, 21:20

Hi....

I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Jim and being an avid car and motorbike enthusiast I have always been looking for somewhere to allow me to work on my cars in pleasant, clean, dry environment. Today’s homes rarely have suitable garages – mine is no exception. So I decided to set up a dedicated workshop to allow anyone to be able to work on their vehicles when ever they want to, providing the tools and equipment you wished you had at home but don’t have the space for, or can’t justify the cost for that one off job.

Spanner it is the North East’s first DIY Self Service garage based in Darlington and is open to anyone with the basic knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm to work on and maintain their own vehicle but don’t have the necessary space or tools or the wish to pay ever increasing mechanics bills.

www.spannerit.com

Spanner it is equipped to a professional garage standard with the tools you need, a 4 wheel alignment 4 post lift, Parts & component washers, bead/sand blaster, etc.

Everything you need to do virtually any job, including jobs such as….
 Servicing
 Brakes – Pads, Shoes, Discs, Drums etc
 Pre MOT checks
 Valeting
 Engine changes
 Clutches

…. to name but a few.

Spanner IT - DIY Garage Bay1

1. General overview of the workshop

Spanner IT - DIY Garage Bay2

2. 4 wheel alignment 4 post lift.

Not just for cars, Spanner it is fully setup for motorbikes as well, providing a dedicated motorbike lift and space.

Spanner IT - DIY Garage Baymc1

3. Motorbike Bay

In fact, Spanner it is for anyone, male or female, young or old, who wants to work on their own vehicles without large mechanics bills.

I appreciate that you are a southern based forum but if you are passing please feel free to pop in for coffee and a chat or if you know anyone in our area please let them know about us.

Back to top Go down

Spanner IT - DIY Garage Empty Re: Spanner IT - DIY Garage

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 18:53

We have now put together some specials rates for members as below

The normal rates are as follows
Flat Bay - including standard set of tools, jacks, axles stands and ramps is £15 per hour
4 post wheel alignment lift including standard set of tools is £20 per hour
Bike Bay - including bike lift or stand and a standard set of tools is £10 per hour

If when making a booking you let us know you are a member of the forum and your user ID we will give you a 10% discount on the above prices.

If you want to get together as a group and come down for evening, 1/2 or a full day so that you can work on things together, we will do you the following specials rates for the whole place dedicated just to you.

4 hours = £120
Full day = £200
Weekend 2 full days = £325

We are more than happy if you even just want to use us as a meeting venue or starting point to a run out. We recently have had a sports car club in, as we have plenty of space
Spanner IT - DIY Garage Dustoff2011web2

If you have any questions or wish further information, please feel free to contact me or visit at the website www.spannerit.com or on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed Apr 13 2011, 15:17

All the very best, I will be mentioning this to the ABVWC at the April Committee meeting if your happy for me too last months was canceled unfortunately.

Regards,

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Red Wed Apr 13 2011, 16:54

Don't mean this to be a thread hijack as Spanner It workshop looks very impressive, prices reasonable and the use of tools fantastic.

Obviously it's a very long way from Hampshire. Closer to 'home' for some of us is Van Shack in Eynsham where there is a similar opportunity on a Saturday:

"Hot Bay: Saturdays, buy appointment, but generally 11:00 till 4ish you bring your tools and work on your vehicle in our workshop, first half hour free, minimum 2 hour booking, £18 per/hr or £81 for the 5 hours. tea - coffee - advice all free. So for £27 for the first 2hrs you are in the dry, off your drive, away from err-in-doors and the neighbours doing what's needed, can't be bad. Call to book as it can be a frenzy here some saturdays. By the way a case of Guiness or Bud goes along way if you haven't got the full £78?"

I quote from their site, I have not used the Hot Bay. They have carried out some minor welding and spraying on BR and did a good job.

http://www.vanshack.com/index.html

In the news section they mention spraying steel with molten zinc to galvanise parts in situ and also a removable for a splittie. (Ron?)
Big Red
Big Red
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13 2011, 17:23

Grizzly wrote:All the very best, I will be mentioning this to the ABVWC at the April Committee meeting if your happy for me too last months was canceled unfortunately.

Regards,

Daz

Thanks Daz

Very happy for you to mention us at the committee meeting, if you need any further information please let me know

Back to top Go down

Spanner IT - DIY Garage Empty Why doing the work yourself will save you ££££

Post by Guest Thu May 03 2012, 15:25

Spanner it can now offer you up to 20% savings (depending on vehicle) on the costs of parts…. That’s some of the cheapest in town…

To change Front Brake Discs and Pads on Audi A2

Local National Chain for fitters quoted £213 and would need the car for an afternoon

Do it yourself at Spanner it

Price for Front Brake Discs and Pads £77

1 hour bay time at Spanner it £20

Total cost £97

Saving £116 (45.5%)

Some examples of savings on parts we have been able to make recently for customers

Service Kit for Corsa including Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter and Plugs

Motor Factors over the counter price £66

Spanner it price £53

Saving £13 (19.6%)

Front Brake Discs and Pads for Astra

Motor Factors over the counter price £87

Spanner it price £66

Saving £21 (24.1%)

Full exhaust system including cat for Peugeot 106

Motor Factors over the counter price £184

Spanner it price £151

Saving £33 (17.9%)

If you need anything please give us a call (01325 466553) and we will try and find the best price for you.

Parts can be pre-ordered and are usually delivered the same day and if you order parts and book a work bay at the same time we will give you an extra 10% discount on your bay hire costs, so you can save even more by doing it yourself….

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down