Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello.

3 posters

Go down

Hello. Empty Hello.

Post by grenjs Sun Jan 06 2013, 23:41

Greetings one and all.

As a way of introduction, my wife and I moved to Andover in June 2010 - we previously lived in Berkshire for most of our lives. We moved down to Andover to be nearer our daughter - I am sure she is absolutely delighted about! Laughing

We have been around in the VW scene for a long while and we currently we own this T3 Karmann Gipsy which we imported from Germany in October 2008.

Hello. PICT0291-800

Since that photograph was taken, I have changed to the chugg-a-long 1.6 TD (JX) engine for a 1.9TDi from a VW Passat which provides enough power and torque to push the Gipsy up all the hills with ease, although a taller 5th gear would be nice (but expensive).

Hello. Pict0001-1024

Since moving to Andover I have also totally restored the coachbuilt section of the Gipsy so she is now totally watertight and good for another 20 years.

Hello. Rest110-1024

As a lover of both the Air-cooled and Water-cooled VW's - and if you have no objection, I wouldn't mind popping down to one of your meets at some stage.

Cheers.
grenjs
grenjs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Hello. Empty Re: Hello.

Post by Grizzly Mon Jan 07 2013, 08:58

Welcome to the forum grenjs and yes by all means do come along then I can take a nose, and wow that is some fantastic work you've done there . . . Cool

Currently the meets over the winter months are on a Friday evening from 19:00 hrs (not many vws out then) and in the loosely described summer months they are on a Sunday at noon.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Mon Jan 07 2013, 12:01

Hello & welcome. Please do come along to one of our informal meets.

We took our bus out on Sunday - having not started her since September. Didn't go anywhere special - a tip run to get rid of beer cans from New Year. She ran OK once we swapped for our spare charged battery.

I wont be able to go to the January meet as I'm on nights, but hopefully there will be some of the crowd there.

Looking forward to seeing the Gipsy & your renovations.

Helen
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum