Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Barge Inn, Honeystreet.

2 posters

Go down

The Barge Inn, Honeystreet. Empty The Barge Inn, Honeystreet.

Post by Big Red Sun Nov 18 2012, 20:30

Hola!
Went out for a fantastic drive in the sunshine today in BR. Motored really well but a bit chilly once the sun was going down. Great to be out in the bus.

Visited Honeystreet but the Barge has closed down. Two notices, one implying they were refurbishing and would open soon the other a legal notice from the owner terminating th landlord's contract. Hope it reopens as its a great old pub, beautiful location and having a campsite and live music is excellent in my book

Fingers crossed!
Big Red
Big Red
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

The Barge Inn, Honeystreet. Empty Re: The Barge Inn, Honeystreet.

Post by carl & helen Mon Nov 19 2012, 09:57

Yes, being local'ish I knew they were closing. it was taken over by the local community with lottery funding when it originally closed a few years ago. we were having a beer in the Summer and it looked like there was refurb / extensions going on, but obviously things didn't work and they have closed.
Never went to music there, but enjoyed it as a pub. Shame so many independents aren't
Surviving.

carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Red Mon Nov 19 2012, 10:32

Yeah, the community thingie was on some telly show I think. They held a couple of festivals which were great, took the campervan along and had a great time. The massive green oak extension was supposed to be an arts venue for theatre and music but is still unfinished, should be beautiful facility

if it gets completed Let us know if you hear any more info…
Big Red
Big Red
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum