Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP

5 posters

Go down

Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP Empty Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sun Aug 26 2012, 19:13

Is there any kind souls out there who can donate Gasket kit for Keiths Reduction boxes as we require them for Monday as the shops are all closed, even if its a partial kit all helps, so far engine out, Gear box and running gear out, replacement gearbox and running gear back in bus to remove axle nuts, then removed, now working on replacing the reduction boxes from Keiths bus to the replacement gearbox,,I say, have i learnt anything over this weekend,,,,,SO VERY VERY MUCH, I`m Knackered and so is Keith, Dave and Owen have also helped out which has been a great help, Erna and the Kids helped in a way that helped us undo the very last Axle nut, they are a nightmare. if you can help with the gasket kit then please contact Keith or myself otherwise very little will be achieved tomo.

Poss Alex ? Robbie ? Carl ?

Thanks

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP Empty Gearbox

Post by Erna & David Sun Aug 26 2012, 20:25

Hi Ron, P.M. sent. Erna cat
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP Empty Re: Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP

Post by Grizzly Sun Aug 26 2012, 20:39

Robby is your best bet give him a buzz or failing that Mr Wisk.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP Empty Re: Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sun Aug 26 2012, 20:59

Hi Daz

Yes gave Paul a bell today but was on voicemail, left him a message, but will try Robbie also.

Ta for grease gun and once Keiths bus back togehter i will get round to using it, will supply return with a full cartridge.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Aug 26 2012, 22:11

Straight axle it
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sun Aug 26 2012, 22:46

Liam, Keith has spent so much on his back end so to speak he will not entertain straight axle, but i agree, make life so much easier, reduction boxes are a nightmare, but what Keith wants Keith gets. each to there own dude eh.

Ron

Hope all great with you and Michelle
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Erna & David Mon Aug 27 2012, 08:08

[quote="Ronnieboy59"]Is there any kind souls out there who can donate Gasket kit for Keiths Reduction boxes as we require them for Monday as the shops are all closed, even if its a partial kit all helps, so far engine out, Gear box and running gear out, replacement gearbox and running gear back in bus to remove axle nuts, then removed, now working on replacing the reduction boxes from Keiths bus to the replacement gearbox,,I say, have i learnt anything over this weekend,,,,,SO VERY VERY MUCH, I`m Knackered and so is Keith, Dave and Owen have also helped out which has been a great help, Erna and the Kids helped in a way that helped us undo the very last Axle nut, they are a nightmare. if you can help with the gasket kit then please contact Keith or myself otherwise very little will be achieved tomo.

Poss Alex ? Robbie ? Carl ?

Thanks

Make your own or gasket sealent, think you can only get the one main gasket for when you split the reduction boxes anyway. David
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP Empty A good tip when tightening or releasing rear axle/hub nuts

Post by Tone & Linz Mon Aug 27 2012, 09:59

Ronnieboy59 wrote:Axle nut, they are a nightmare.

A good tip when tightening or releasing rear axle/hub nuts

Pack the space between the bottom of the shock absorber (red arrow in below pic) and the ground with wood. Jack the rear wheel slightly so that the bottom of the shock is raised 5mm and no more then put the wood under then lower the wheel back down.

Gasket set for reduction boxes required ASAP IMG_1434

The packing will ensure that the force you use to tightening or releasing is not lost through the bounce in the tyre.

Too much packing will have raised the tyre off the ground too much and allows it to spin.

Other tools

Something to chock the front wheels

At least a 3ft Long metal bar (scaffold pole)

Tone

Tone & Linz
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum