Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BD CAMPOUT LIFT

5 posters

Go down

BD CAMPOUT LIFT Empty BD CAMPOUT LIFT

Post by Ronnieboy59 Tue Sep 13 2011, 21:09

i KNOW THIS IS CHEEKY and dont expect anyone to be going on Saturday, hope to pick my new bus up at the above show this weekend North of Swindon but as life has been a bit difficult lately could be a struggle to get there,well not really i could start out on Friday and walk ha ha, if anyone from the club is going from Andover i would be happy to pay the petrol there and back to help in picking up my bus, have thought that Paul Wisk maybe going but posted this 1st.

other points

FAO

Dave and Erna

I do hope engine for you this week mate.

FAO

Kev

Hope the alternator was of some help mate.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

BD CAMPOUT LIFT Empty Re: BD CAMPOUT LIFT

Post by Grizzly Tue Sep 13 2011, 22:38

Sorry Ron going to Holton congratulations looks like you have picked up a very nice westy there.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

BD CAMPOUT LIFT Empty LIFT

Post by Erna & David Wed Sep 14 2011, 06:37

Hi Ron, could take you up mid afternoon.
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Sep 14 2011, 07:15

Sorry dude but my barndoors attactched to a barn :-) get some pics up of the new bus then!
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

BD CAMPOUT LIFT Empty Thanks

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed Sep 14 2011, 15:56

Cheers Daz, yes think its a pretty special bus as its never had any resto work and 90% original interior, should be pretty cool with my new lump in it as it has Original Porsche fuchs and disc brakes and bits which will help.Sadly could not persuade Jon to part with the Hurst bar.

Not 100% sure what will do with the engine yet as i will need the exhaust and possibly the heat exchangers but apparantley the engine is a 1600 sp which has done approx 1000 miles since rebuild, probably got nothing to back this up but then i would not question someones integrity, but probably will sell the engine after my lump is fitted.

As for pics then will get some up once the bus is in my hands which will be lunch time this Saturday.

Dave many thanks for the offer to go up with me but i am aiming to be there for 12 ish and think have it all sorted as did not realise Lindas Daughters boyfriend was here, anyway thought your engine would be here by then ???will stop off on the way back for a wee coffee if ok.

Many thanks folks

Ron

Last edited by Ronnieboy59 on Wed Sep 14 2011, 16:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

BD CAMPOUT LIFT Empty picture

Post by Ronnieboy59 Wed Sep 14 2011, 16:04

BD CAMPOUT LIFT New_110

BD CAMPOUT LIFT New_311

Last edited by Grizzly on Wed Sep 14 2011, 16:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Modified by Moderator so images can be seen)
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Sep 14 2011, 17:30

Looks cool glad to hear the hurst bar is not coming with it, makes it look like its crashed into some scaffolding!
Gimmie a shout about the 1600 when your done with it dude. Also if you fancy a change of headlights let me know!
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by owen Thu Sep 15 2011, 12:18

Well done Ron looks like a good un. It has had alot of goodies added and with your new engine should fly and more importantly stop and steer as well. Can't believe its not a dry state usa bus in that condition rather than a french one. Like Liam says looks better without the cow herder on the front.

look forward to seeing it for real cheers

Owen
owen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sat Sep 17 2011, 22:30

Loving the bus, its RAW and so back in line of where i should have been right from the start, bits and bobs to get to my liking but even had to flatten the rear tyres to get it in the garage, Oh incase anyone wants to know the name ITS NESBITT, after my comedy icon Rab c, very befitting i think.

Info on engine etc to follow.

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

BD CAMPOUT LIFT Empty Nesbitt

Post by Erna & David Sun Oct 02 2011, 18:35

Had a good gander at Ron,s and Linda,s bus today and abit jealous to tell the truth, love the windows,pop top, wheels and westy interior, left our house and wow really pulls great, know its a 1600 thats been rebuilt lately but be interested in what gearbox and gearing.scratch

David
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Oct 07 2011, 16:24

Get some pics up ronaldo!
Liam
Liam
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Fri Oct 07 2011, 19:38

Work in progress ref pics, not had time to fart really, dont want the bus to be a topper but just want to make it my own so some small changes in the offing, winter project in time for early next year.

Ta for the comments Dave, means a lot from you but then you have the shiniest bus in the club now so we will have to work on a few trophies for your bus next year, show and shine Ron has not retired, just resting ha ha.

Ron

FAO Owen

Cant believe its a French bus either in this condition, its pretty much Mint under neathe with the paint still visible in the arches, will still have to clear waxoil it as its never been touched, paint fade or oxidised paint is original mostly but needs a wee Tcut i think, just to remove the blue stuff, working on electrics, speedo cable, front seats,rear tyres sizes,amongst other things but the pics make it look nicer than actually is, but then i cant live in the bubble of having had a show bus, Nesbitt will be a proper used bus.

Engine pulls like a train with a lot of Torque for a 1600sp

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down