Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track Cover

2 posters

Go down

Track Cover Empty Track Cover

Post by Aussiboris Mon May 23 2011, 22:24

I finished this evening being completely beaten by the track cover that goes down the centre opposite side to the sliding door.
There weren't any screws in the bottom when I went to remove it but the beading is in there and it's solid as hell. Tried bashing it upwards with a rubber mallet with no luck. Any suggestions / techniques?
Aussiboris
Aussiboris
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Track Cover Empty Re: Track Cover

Post by Grizzly Mon May 30 2011, 17:55

Aussiboris wrote:I finished this evening being completely beaten by the track cover that goes down the centre opposite side to the sliding door.
There weren't any screws in the bottom when I went to remove it but the beading is in there and it's solid as hell. Tried bashing it upwards with a rubber mallet with no luck. Any suggestions / techniques?

Sorry mate long time since I played with a bay but believe once you pull the sealing strip off and under the screws should slide out . . . must just be very stuck . . . doose it with oil over night and try the next day.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiboris Tue May 31 2011, 23:21

No worries Daz. Soaked it overnight and belted it with the rubber mallet. Turns out it was corroded and stuck to the lip on the inside. A replacement will be added to the shopping list
Aussiboris
Aussiboris
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down