Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Seat Belts T25

2 posters

Go down

Rear Seat Belts T25 Empty Rear Seat Belts T25

Post by sorcha Sun Feb 01 2015, 11:39

Okay, so I'm after fitting a new (to me) rock n roll seat with 3 point seatbelts in the rear of my T25. I've seen various pictures and descriptions of mounting points for the belt. But what I haven't been able to understand yet is why I'm not seeing a T25 with a rear rock and roll seat that has integral seatbelts.

Is there a very good reason you can't fit a rear seat with integral seatbelts into a T25? There's a nice rock n roll seat going off on Ebay soon with no belts and I'd like to get it if I am absolutely sure I cannot fit a seat with a integral seatbelts.

EDIT:

I have found a kit on the 80-90 forum from brickwerks using anchor points that I have in the camper. Has anyone used a kit from brickwerks? Any opinions? I would post a link but I'm not allowed for another two days.

Thanks all.
sorcha
sorcha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Rear Seat Belts T25 Empty Re: Rear Seat Belts T25

Post by Grizzly Mon Feb 02 2015, 20:51

The rock n roll beds are generally not man enough to bolt seat belts to really, the anchor points would be the way to go. Not owned a T25 before but I wander if the mounting points are already there like the bay windows unless it is a converted panel van might be worth a check.

Good luck with it and keep us updated.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sorcha Tue Feb 03 2015, 12:55

Yep, finally realising that. Anchor points are all present. Pictures below:

Rear Seat Belts T25 Unset13
Rear Seat Belts T25 Unset110
Rear Seat Belts T25 Unset210
Rear Seat Belts T25 Unset410
sorcha
sorcha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Feb 06 2015, 09:20

Very Happy  Saves some work then
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sorcha Sat Feb 07 2015, 13:00

Yep, but given the interior space, I'm better off with the units running all the way along the side and having a 3/4 seat. So, I'm wondering if anyone has routed their 3 point belt via a bracket in the roof. I have Citroen Xsara Picasso, and the middle back seat has a mounting point at the side, but the belt goes up, through a bracket in the roof, then down to the centre seat so it's in the right place to restrain a passenger.

Has anyone done anything like that? I'm wondering if you need something structural behind the bracket because it'll be a pop top.
sorcha
sorcha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue Feb 10 2015, 09:35

Not seen something like that as of yet, its finding somewhere strong enough to put the mounting points you would need something fabricated.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down