Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst

4 posters

Go down

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst Empty New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst

Post by carl & helen Tue Jun 03 2014, 16:17

New Forest Camp-out 13th to 15th June 2014 @ either Redshoot or Ashurst.....TBC

Links below for both as Redshoot seems quite pricy but is showing the England world cup match.

http://www.redshoot-campingpark.com/index.html

Ashurst have a TV and are waiting for the manager to ask if they are staying open late & showing the footy. Will know by Friday evening.

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/england/new-forest/ashurst-campsite

http://newforestashurst.co.uk/
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst Empty Re: New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst

Post by carl & helen Sat Jun 07 2014, 07:46

Hi all
I've been in touch with Redshoot pub and campsite and also the new Forest campsite at Ashurst Wood.
Redshoot looks mega - £28 for pitch and more for electric and if we want the shelter. Lovely site but a lot for this time of year. Don't you think? Check http://www.redshoot-campingpark.com/index.html

So ...
I have been in touch with Ashurst pub. They will be screening England v Italy at 11pm Saturday - http://newforestashurst.co.uk/

And it looks like the New Forest at Ashurst campsite has availability when I look online. Probably best to get ourselves booked in. The pub is just on the road at the entrance.

See http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/england/new-forest/ashurst-campsite
You can call or book here: https://booking.campingintheforest.co.uk/UKSearch?Mode=Forest

Everyone happy? Any queries give me a call
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst Empty Re: New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst

Post by Grizzly Sat Jun 07 2014, 22:53

Cheers Carl & Helen .... was just about to book but noticed they don't allow dogs we haven t a dog sitter at the moment will have to see what we can sort.
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Erna & David Sun Jun 08 2014, 09:42

morning all,
we will have to give next week a miss as Terri has been asked to fight in a club team event in London next Sunday as another  team member has had to pull out of the event due to an injury sustained at a competition yesterday. Sad 
Have a good one.
Erna cat
Erna & David
Erna & David
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Mon Jun 09 2014, 06:30

Hi Erna, that's a shame as I know you are booked up for a lot of the weekends.
Daz and Lisa, I hadn't notice that. It is a tough one as I wanted to find a campsite with facilities and with a pub in walking distance in case peeps want to watch the 11pm England v Italy game.

We could maybe switch to Redshoot as they take dogs but is a bit more expensive. What do you all think? 

We ought to get booked soonest though, please let me know.
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon Jun 09 2014, 10:40

carl & helen wrote:Hi Erna, that's a shame as I know you are booked up for a lot of the weekends.
Daz and Lisa, I hadn't notice that. It is a tough one as I wanted to find a campsite with facilities and with a pub in walking distance in case peeps want to watch the 11pm England v Italy game.

We could maybe switch to Redshoot as they take dogs but is a bit more expensive. What do you all think? 

We ought to get booked soonest though, please let me know.
Carl
Not sure who else is going ... Redshoot look like they have a min 3 nights rule, problem is don't want to keep dumping the dogs on my parents as might over stay their welcome as it were. Lisa suggested I went on my own but I will see if she might come down with me say Saturday morning spend the day in new forest then I stay overnight watch the football or something and she goes back will let you know.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Tue Jun 10 2014, 06:31

That's an idea Daz. New Forest camping is a bit of a tricky one. Roundhills is a great option for another weekend. We had a great time last weekend, but there is no pub or anything much (apart from trees of course) nearby, so it won't suit for this weekend.
It looks like a few of us are camping at Ashurst campsite, others might come out for the day as we aren't far away for a drive out and we will be at either one of the Ashurst pubs on Saturday night for the England v Italy World cup game.

The New Forest Hotel – closest to the campsite - www.newforestashurst.co.uk

Lyndhurst Rd, Ashurst 023 8029 2721

Or The Forest Inn - www.thenewforestinn.co.uk

Lyndhurst Rd, Ashurst 023 8029 3071

If you want to know where we are call or text me on 07711 6262660.

We have told the New Forest dub Club guys and girls by email and FaceBook that we are coming down and invited them to come and join in with us for a while. I’ll update the Forum in the week. So, I'm booking Ashurst today.
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Wed Jun 11 2014, 08:32

I am booking for Saturday night at Ashurst. I hope to leave pretty early Saturday, have a new Forest bike ride and then come back, pitch up and chill for the weekend.

We also have 2 pub options and we ought to arrange a drive out on the Saturday, or Sunday or both.

I'll ask Ashurst to look out for a couple of other families booking with Carl Wheatley at Aircooled Konnection.
If you are coming too, let me know.

I'll also be in touch about meeting up with guys from New Forest Dub Club today. So who's going then?

Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Thu Jun 12 2014, 05:50

I'm booked for Saturday night at Ashurst. I've asked the site to look out for a couple of others booking with Carl Wheatley at Aircooled Konnection.

If you are coming too, let me know.I hope to leave pretty early Saturday, have a new Forest bike ride and then come back, pitch up and chill for the weekend.

We also have 3 pub options for the England v Italy match as per earlier posts:

The New Forest Hotel is closest to the site, that's where we will aim for

The Forest Inn or Happy Cheese are further along Lyndhurst Road. And I'm told more than one will stay open for the game.

If anyone wants to come down we will be able to arrange a drive out on the Saturday, or Sunday or both.

If you want to come for a drive out or weekend let me know.
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Thu Jun 12 2014, 09:43

I have booked us in too, though think it will only be me as Lisa & Ceara are likely to stay home.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Thu Jun 12 2014, 21:43

2 quick things re this weekend:
Daz, can you let us know what time you want to leave on Saturday to come down to New Forest? I want to go before breakfast to park near Lyndhurst and get a few mile hill climb bike ride in before lunch. I am thinking of cycling up to the top at Bolderwood from Ashurst or Lyndhurst.

Ron is trying to work out whether to come with me early and get breakfast on the way down. Or if you are going at a more sensible time, whether he might come with you. I'll probably leave her at 7 - 7.30ish to make a day of it.

Also, I've been back in touch with Dave at New Forest Dub Club. He has given us his mobile so we can drop in on him for a while on Saturday pm if we want to, maybe once we've got booked in for camping

Just let us know what you prefer re timings.
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Jun 13 2014, 12:16

I wont be going that early Jeez . . . depending on what time my alarm clock wakes me up aka Ceara I will then get ready and go but was thinking more about 0930 - 10:00 ish takes 40 mins in a car so will more like an hour by van.

But let me know what you think.

Daz
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Fri Jun 13 2014, 18:43

See you Daz at tesco 10 am

Ron

Ps see you down there Carl, enjoy bike ride, I'm too old for all that, lol, can't get on campsite till 12

Yes I will be supporting England, weather looks fine and dandy
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Sat Jun 14 2014, 05:30

All good. The day has dawned bright and clear. The thunder and rain from last night has gone. It's going to be another good one.

Woke early so will soon get moving.

Really looking forward to New forest campout, hoping to meet Dave and family from New forest club! the match tonight and cycling again
Carl
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sun Jun 15 2014, 21:02

Great little site, great company just not the result England wanted cheers guys . . .

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst P1090610

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst P1090611

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst P1090612

New Forest camp-out 13th to 15th June - Ashurst P1090613
Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carl & helen Mon Jun 16 2014, 12:16

Another lovely AK campout weekend. Check out Daz on his new stove - such a petrol head that he has a petrol stove for that extra oomph ! 

Ashurst is a lovely site perfect for families, but perfectly fine for beer swilling boys like us too. Most of the time we even behaved ourselves too Smile 

The 'New Forest Hotel' on the edge of the site has been refurbed recently and is now v nice indeed for outdoor sitting, eating and drinks. We'll certainly be going back there real soon. The food looked good and the covered outdoors patio looked really inviting for sundown.

I took my bike and had a longish cycle on the forest trails both days. Saturday itself was super relaxed and the football was great, just not the right result.

Many thanks to Ron and Daz for the company and relaxed communal chilling

Can't wait to do it all again.

We had hoped to drive out and visit Dave from the New Forest Dub Club, but the beers flowed rather too swiftly for all that. Great weekend
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnieboy59 Tue Jun 17 2014, 19:52

Yes had a great time in the new forest, we'll chilled out, ended up a Boys only time and the beers were sipped gently throughout the day followed by a nice salad for Tea with a few wines, the sun shone nearly all day however there was an almighty 5 minute down pour, we then carried on the motion, a few beers later we got motivated to go to the pub to watch the match, sadly I think England played well enough to win however the result was not great, chilled out and chatted after football until 02.30 am and the went to bed, woke 6am to get the kettle on and enjoy the day, chilled out and had breakfast and people watch, the buses got a fair amount of attention as usual and pics taken, even the guys running the campsite were amazed by our turn out, and we would very much use this campsite again, we then left at approx 10.30 am to get back for Father's Day, a very nice chilled weekend was had and I look forward to it again.

Thanks Daz and Carl for your good company,

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down