Aircooled Konnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus needed for Prom in Tadley

3 posters

Go down

Bus needed for Prom in Tadley Empty Bus needed for Prom in Tadley

Post by carl & helen Fri May 16 2014, 16:39

Bus needed for a prom. If anyone is able to help please get in touch with Tom - see below
Details now available

Date: 20th June
Pick up: Pamber Heath
Drop Off: The Hampshire Court Hotel.

'Hi, i know this out of the blue and you have no idea who i am or anything, but i have a friend who desperately wants to go to her prom in a camper, and simply can't afford to hire one, also there are none nearby. So i have been searching forums endlessly for someone near Tadley (where she is) and you are who seem to be the closest active people, would you be willing at all to take her to prom in your Camper?

If you can help please contact me by any means, phone on 07817 321229, email at 08thomas.sinclair@gmail.com. I am sorry but this is the only way i could think to ask as it is a month or so. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers
Tom'

Last edited by carl & helen on Mon May 19 2014, 10:56; edited 1 time in total
carl & helen
carl & helen
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Bus needed for Prom in Tadley Empty Re: Bus needed for Prom in Tadley

Post by Ronnieboy59 Sat May 17 2014, 07:36

Hi Tom
Sadly,,I have been booked already for a Prom next month, it's not something most camper owners do anymore because of the Insurance and money/payments changing hands,,,the only way it can be done without all the legal issues is for it to be done on a Friend basis and any money changing hands should be as a gift / tip in an envelope of course, there is also a need to discuss liability towards issues such as damage to clothing, injury to person, breakdowns etc, so you can now see why folks just don't do it much, also VOSA are hot on Prom nights and if found not totally legal then camper can be confiscated,,,I am told ?
God luck with your search and I am sure something will turn up

Ron
Ronnieboy59
Ronnieboy59
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sat May 17 2014, 22:45

Its always been the way to be honest, you cannot officially hire a vehicle out for a prom without a private hire license. From waht I remember aka when Lisa was running the wedding business and looked into it, you can take money for your reasonable expenses i.e. fuel and they may or may not provide you with a gift possibly after the event to thank you.

The confiscation of camper vans is a bit rumor mill I believe, if you are caught private hiring your vehicle without a license it is more likely to be the police or council who will be out there waiting for you. I story is that VOSA did pull up and confiscate an ice cream van being used for a prom but is was a standard roadside check. I think they probably have better things to do than hang around proms.

Grizzly
Grizzly
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down